Amadeus is hiring a frontend developer to work on the next generation website for of one of the world’s largest airlines. This is an opportunity to work on a new project and to create a website that will have a huge customer impact.
Are you interested in building website used by milions of people? Do you like working with new technologies and shipping code at a rapid pace? Amadeus is seeking a frontend developer that is passionate about building responsive web applications. The good candidate will be autonomous, eager to learn and motivated in joining a high-performing and experienced SCRUM Team to assist Avianca in their digital transformation. This position is full-time and is based in our Bogota office.
1) The Digital for Airlines (DGA) department is part of the Amadeus Digital division and is in charge of delivering e-Commerce services around Amadeus products. DGA recently has launched a massive project to modernize the e-Commerce solutions of Amadeus. As an alternative to the current solutions based on e-Retail product, we now propose a REST/JSON API (called Digital Experience API) that provides an airline with the access to Amadeus e-Commerce business logic, enabling airlines to develop custom applications for their digital touchpoints (e.g. web, mobile, Internet of Things, smart devices).
2) On top of this API, we propose a developer toolkit to develop the UI components in Angular. The developer toolkit or devtoolkit provides a default frontend model and utilities that can be reused throughout any applications of an airline.
3) Thanks to this ecosystem, developers are able to deliver to an airline a full booking application via a CMS (airline's CMS or Amadeus') and publish a website in production.
Specific job duties/competencies of the DGA Frontend Developer are as follows:
- Design the global website system and code to develop new UIs
- Test and maintain the software
- Ensure a proper documentation for all deliverables
- Remain up-to-date on the new web technologies, propose innovative and disruptive solutions
- Meet with the customer and analyze technical requirements
- Provide coding expertise and functional/technical support to the software development team from the airlines and third party
Qualifications / experience:
- Masters or Bachelor of science preferably in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Technical: minimum 2 to 3 years of experience minimum in frontend development using latest technologies (e.g. Angular, Typescript, Redux)
- Functional: knowledge of Amadeus e-Retail and Altea suite (e.g. shopping, payment/ticketing, ancillary services, Digital API) is a plus.
- Experience in working at the customer premises is a plus
- Understanding of the airline industry is a plus.
Languages: Spanish and English fluency required; French/Portuguese a plus.
Travel: Boston, Nice, cities in South America
- Technical Excellence
- Customer Focus
- Building relations
- Analytical thinking
- Adaptability & Flexibility